Rhode Island Banned License Plates
A lot of people like to express their individuality and personality on vanity plates. But they sometimes choose nonsense meanings or offensive ones, which get a rejection. Your preferred license plate can be banned if it does not meet the Division’s requirements. If you do not want to have Rhode Island Banned License Plates, you must follow the state’s requirements. The requirements in every state differ, but some points stay unchangeable. For example, you will see three same requirements for the personalized license plates in Oklahoma.
- Your license plate can get a rejection if it contains swear words or phrases.
- It cannot be accepted if the plate has a sexual connotation.
- Religious content is not allowed to have on the license plate.
The Rhode Island Division supervises the license plates. There are some types of vehicles in Rhode Island that can have personalized license plates on cars. Here are the types:
- The first type is passenger vehicles.
- The second type is motorcycles.
- Then, the next type is commercial vehicles with no more gross weight than 9000 lbs.
Main reasons for Rhode Island Banned License Plates
The Rhode Island Division can ban your request if it does not meet the requirements.
- Firstly, your request can be banned if it has a religious connotation
- Secondly, your plate can get a rejection if it contains offensive words and phrases
- Thirdly, the Rhode Island Division can reject your request if it has a reference to drugs
- Fourthly, if your personalized plate has sexual content, it will get a rejection
- Fifthly, your personalized plate’s request cannot have a reference to a gang
- Sixthly, your plate cannot contain hate speech, otherwise, it will get a rejection by the Division
- Seventhly, your personalized license plate cannot contain vulgarity
Examples of Rhode Island Banned License Plates
You can see some types of plates that get a rejection.
The Custom Plate Fee
To obtain a personalized license plate, you need to pay for it. You need to pay either $72.50 or $86.50. The fee depends on the plate type. And additionally, you have to pay the regular renewal fee.
The requirements on the personalized license plate
You can use a maximum of 6 characters on your vanity plate in Rhode Island. And you can use any combination of Numbers (0 to 9), Letters (A to Z), and Spaces.
If you want to order a personalized license plate, you need to order it by following these steps.
- Firstly, you have to visit the website of the Personalized Plate in Rhode Island.
- Secondly, you have to check the availability of your preferred license plate.
- Thirdly, you need to complete the application form for the license plate.
- Fourthly, you must submit the application.
- And lastly, you have to send the application and fees by mail to the Rhode Island Division.
Amalya is a very enthusiastic person, who is eager to learn and to help people learn. Content writing is a good way to get a lot of new information for her, and she does it with pleasure. She is writing content not for just writing, but for her inner peace and new opportunities to enrich herself. So, you can feel the love and dedication in her writings. She provides unique and quality content both for the sites and for the readers.